Certificate of Authority for Montana LLC

Foreign LLC in Montana

If you run an LLC based outside of Montana and you want to operate in Montana, you will register your LLC as a foreign Montana LLC. Once your paperwork is filed, the State returns a filed Certificate of Authority from the Montana Secretary of State, Corporations Division.

To register a foreign LLC in Montana, you will need a Montana registered agent. You can hire us for only $45 per year. Once you have hired Montana Registered Agent LLC, you will have access to the proper foreign LLC registration forms in your online account.

You must file a Certificate of Authority of Foreign Limited Liability Company Application with the Secretary of State. There is a $70 filing fee. There are two expedite options: 24-Hour for an additional $20, and 1-Hour for an additional $100.

In addition to the Certificate of Authority, you must include a Certificate of Good Standing from your home state. The Certificate of Good Standing must be current from the last six months.