Montana Business Filing

Guide to Business Filings in Montana

When you start a business in Montana, you will have various filings that will need to be done with the Secretary of State. One of the advantages to hiring Montana Registered Agent LLC is that once you are a client you will have access to every business document from your online account. We have compiled every form you will ever need to file, along with extensive notes and DIY guides so that you can quickly and easily handle any Montana business filing.

And the best part? You can file these yourself without having to pay someone else to do it for you. Business filing services charge hundreds of dollars to fill out simple forms and mail them to the Secretary of State on your behalf. Cut out the middle man and save yourself money by filing them yourself.

You can hire Montana Registered Agent LLC for only $45 a year and have instant access to your online account with all the forms and instructions, as well as the best Montana registered agent service available.

How to File Business Forms in Montana

There are two filing options in Montana. You can mail your filing to the following address:

Montana Secretary of State
PO Box 202801
Helena, MT 59620-2801

This is the standard method for business filings (except for Annual Reports, which are usually filed online).

The second option is to fax the documents to the Secretary of State. Faxing is used only for expedite filings. You cannot fax a document and not pay an expedite fee.

There are two expedite options:

  • 24 Hour ($20)
  • 1 Hour ($100)

To pay for expedite filing, you must access the Online Payment Portal. Then select either Priority Handling (24 Hour) or Expedite Handling (1 Hour). You pay the fee online and print yoru receipt. Then fax your receipt with your business document.

Fax Number: (406)-444-3976

Filing Time

Standard processing time is 10 business days.

Or you can expedite the filing. There are two expedite options: 24 Hour and 1 Hour.

Filing a Statement of Change of Registered Agent

You can fax a Statement of Change of Registered Agent to the Secretary of State. Since there is no fee, you are not required to pay online and include a receipt.